Wednesday, October 13, 2010

“Gerber Funny More”

So back to Disney’s Mulan- one of the songs the soldiers sing while encamped is about having “a girl worth fighting for”. While singing with my darling daughter, who had taken an interest in said movie, I sing the line “a girl worth fighting for.”  She promptly corrects me saying that the line is in fact “A Gerber Funny More.” In my wisdom I try to reason with a 4 year old explaining that those lyrics don’t really make sense, going on to explain what the song is about and why they are saying “a girl worth fighting for.”  As you probably already know, reasoning with a 4 year old is pretty much a useless endeavor.  She continued to stubbornly and vehemently disagree with me. That day we both learned a lesson about “agreeing to disagree” and I for the first time saw that my daughter was going to be as stubborn and strong willed as me.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment