Friday, March 11, 2011

Holy Guacamole!


Holy Guacamole!  I found a recipe on Weight Watchers for an Asparagus Guacamole. Basically you are using Asparagus instead of Avocado in this recipe. I was extremely skeptical. The reviews though were all really positive with a lot of “wow, I was skeptical, but it turned out great”.  As a lover of guacamole I thought I’d give it a try.  My thinking was, the worst that could happen is I waste a bundle of asparagus and a little bit of time.

Asparagus Guacamole

1 ½ lb aparagus trimmed
1 Tbsp mayo (light)
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
¼  cup chopped cilantro
3 scallions, thinly sliced
½ medium jalapeno, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 tsp worchestershire sauce
1/8 tsp hot sauce (Franks)
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Directions:

  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add asparagus and cook until tender- about 10 minutes.  Allow to cool for a few minutes.
  2. Blend tender asparagus in a food processor until smooth. Remove to a bowl and add remaining ingredients, stir and serve.


Family Verdict:
I’m the only guacamole eater in my house so it’s just my review today. 
Me: Holy cow! I CANNOT believe how good this is! So amazingly good I literally licked the bowl! You cannot taste the asparagus at all, all the other flavors come through giving it that guacamole taste. I bet it would be great with a chucky salsa mixed in or  just some fresh tomato too.  Seriously contemplating hiding away and eating the entire bowl.

Conclusion: If you like guacamole and are interested in trying something significantly lower in calories, I REQUIRE you to try this. Immediately. Go buy your asparagus right now!  Stop reading and go to the store.

2 comments:

  1. I think we're going to try this out sometime soon. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE guac and Asparagus sooo i must try this!

    ReplyDelete